Fleck 5600SXT digital metered water softener is perhaps the best selling water softener system for the medium to large household. It sells so well partly because it is very effective at dealing with hard water and partly because it is so affordable. The Fleck 5600SXT also has a unique set of specifications that makes for a super easy set up and softening.
Unlike saltless or salt-free water softener the 5600SXT is a salt-based system. This means it actually REGENERATES and creates soft water. This is something that Fleck does particularly well because it does a good job of automating this process. This means you can almost ‘set it and forget it’ with a guarantee of good quality soft water.
Do you want to know the best part?
People almost NEVER complain about their Fleck water softening system not working.
To provide you with a more balanced view here are some of the pros as well as the cons of getting one of the best selling water softener systems on the market today.
- It is very easy to use and designed to be relatively maintenance free.
- Very effective at softening hard water.
- Has a generous warranty that is longer than the average for most softeners.
- It is meter regenerated, meaning that it automatically runs off your water meter.
- Has a large capacity (1-4 people).
- It’s a heavy and big bulky system that needs significant amount of space.
- It is linked to running costs of regularly buying salt pellets.
- It might not be right for a larger household, consider getting a higher capacity Fleck SXT model like the Fleck 9000SXT.
Fleck 5600SXT 48,000 Grain Water Softener: Full Specifications
- It comes with a meter-based control system with a screen so you only have to push a few buttons to set up and generate soft water on demand. This also means you only need to replace the salt pellets every now and then.
- 48 000 grain capacity system, which means it’s a good option for the average household of 3-6 people.
- In simple terms, this machine uses salt pellets and resin beads to soften hard water and this also means it does not need the resin beads to be cleaned very often.
- It has a softening system computer as well as a large brine tank this includes a standard 120v power outlet.
- The dimensions are 10″ x 54″ (tank) along with a 14″ x 17″ x 33″ brine tank (as a guide, it will take up to 3ft X 18″ (width) of space.
- It has a fully automated meter regeneration that can reduce running costs. This meter regenerated system is very easy to maintain and run. The ease of use also means that it has cheaper running costs because it is very efficient at managing water, thereby saving you money in the long run.
- Longer warranty. Each Fleck 5600SXT comes with a generous 5 year warranty on the actual system and a full 10 year warranty on the tank. However, it is almost guaranteed to last a lifetime if you closely follow the instructions.
- Easy to use control panel. Easily set up this Fleck model with its back lit LCD display that is easy to use with touch-pad controls.
- Easy installation. You don’t have to be an expert plumber to install this water softening machine. A confident DIY-er or someone with basic plumbing knowledge should be able to install this system by following the instructions.
- Value for money. There are many water softening models on the market and most of them cost considerably more than the Fleck 5600SXT, which typically costs a few hundred dollars. But even though it is low on cost, it is one of the most reliable water softener systems money can buy.
- As with all water softener systems the 5600SXT is both heavy and bulky so you will need sufficient room and manpower to both move (it probably needs at least 2 people to carry it) and install.
- You must always maintain and check salt levels. As this Fleck softener model needs salt to regenerate soft water. Your salt will regularly need to be replenished. However you can easily pick this up from almost any large department or hardware store for about $5-$8 per 40lb bag.
Is Fleck 5600SXT The Right System For Me?
Fleck 5600SXT is RIGHT For…
- Family homes that have up to 4 people with up to 2 standard bathrooms.
- People that need a ‘set it and forget it’ water softener system. This is because it operates on a meter based regeneration. I.e means it only regenerates depending on how much water you use.
- Homes that experience medium to very hard water. Does your home have water that is harder than most? Does your kettle, sinks, tap faucets and home kitchen appliances suffer from limescale? This Fleck option is very effective at dealing with very hard water.
Fleck 5600SXT is WRONG For…
- Very large households. If your home is a larger one and has more than 2 bathrooms and/or your water usage is ridiculously high then this model is wrong for you. Larger homes or high water users should consider a Fleck 9000 water softener.
- People on a sodium restricted diet. Hard water is softened water with salt. This means that soft water will contain higher levels of sodium then regular water. However, you really shouldn’t be drinking soft water in the first place and I have written extensively about this in my post here.
Here is why Fleck 5600SXT so popular.
The 5600 SXT is also ideal for easy installation, easy setup and offers the best value for money. Consider getting this Fleck model because it:
Takes care of itself (set it and for get it).
Good at dealing with very hard water.
Lower water usage means it has lower running costs.