Before talking about the Novo water softener let’s find out why you might actually need one in your home.
What is Hard Water?
Hard water is what causes the white, ugly, hard to wash off limescale stains in your kitchen and bathroom. Water is made “hard” because of dissolved minerals calcium and magnesium and is measured as grains per gallon (gpg). The list below helps you understand how to measure hard water:
- Soft water: 0.6 to 3.6 gpg
- Moderate to hard water: 3.6 to 7.0 gpg
- Hard water: 7.0 to 10.5 gpg
- Very hard water: 10.5 gpg
Hard water becomes extremely problematic when you combine it with heat or soap.
Heat plus hard water causes the formation of limescale stones. This limescale then accumulates in your water pipes, water appliances, heaters and other accessories.
Soap reacts with hard water to create less lather, which makes cleaning more difficult. This also results in dull colors in your clothes as well as your hair and skin.
Hard Water Facts:
- Shower heads with hard water can lose about 75% of flow in less than 18 months.
- Water heaters can fail after only 1.6 years with hard water. With soft water, however, they tend to maintain the original factory rating.
- The operating costs can also be 34% less.
- Gas water heaters are up to 24% cheaper when they use soft water.
- You can use 50% less soap and detergent with soft water. Hard water makes soap work harder.
- Electric water heaters can collect up to 30 pounds of white limescale rock from hard water. This also shortens the life of the heating element.
Nuvo H2O vs Novo Water Softener?
It can sometimes be confusing because “Novo” sounds a lot like “Nuvo” but they are different brands.
Another source of confusion is that both of them are salt free systems.
This is why it should technically be called a “water conditioning system” rather than a water softener.
You technically can’t get soft water without using salt. However, conditioning makes it less likely for hard water to stick around in your pipes.
Using a salt free water conditioner is good for people that are watching the amount of salt they get in their diet (although you should NOT really be drinking soft water). It’s also good for people that are ethically opposed to using and regularly buying softener salt.
However, the biggest advantage of the Novo water softener is its compact size which makes it suitable for people that don’t have a lot of space.
The compact Novo water system uses an ecological process to condition the water throughout your home.
Nuvo H2O Water Softener Review
The NuvoH2O claims to provide you with soft water through its FDA-approved chelation technology used in luxury hotels and restaurants around the world. The result is water that is less hard for all the uses of your home, including bathing, washing and watering the lawn and garden.
- Easy to replace the patented cartridge in 60 seconds and it will last for approximately 6 months.
- You will not need to buy or use softener salt, unlike traditional water softeners.
- Using no softener salt means it is healthier for you, your family as well as the environment.
- Cheaper water and electricity bills.
- The NuvoH2O system consumes up to 4 times less water than others and does not require power.
- Easy to find and the access novo water softener manual online.
- Very little novo water softener maintenance needed.
It can not technically claim to provide you with soft water because you can only get soft water by using salt.
Novo Water Softener Tech Support
Like most water softener companies Novo water has a robust customer support facility. If you have problems with your Novo water softener you can call their customer service toll free on 877-688-6426. The correspondence address is:
Freeport Industrial Parkway
Building Z-13, Unit 15
Clearfield, Utah 84015, US
Novo vs Fleck?
Novo is not a water softener because it does not use salt. Instead, it can only “condition your water”.
This means that if you don’t have very hard water then the Novo might be a good option.
When to opt for the Novo Conditioning System:
- You don’t want to use softener salt – ever.
- Space is an issue and you need a compact water treatment system.
- Your preference is for a system that is more environmentally friendly.
- The hard water issue you face is NOT severe.
- You don’t need it for a large family home or a commercial premise.
When Fleck is better:
- When you need something that is VERY effective in dealing with high amounts of hard water.
- Fleck is the best selling water softener on Amazon’s online market place. Customers love its very competitive pricing, ease of installation, low or no maintenance and effectiveness compared to other models.
- It allows you to set it and forget it through it’s automated softening controls.
- Fleck softener machines have good capacity and can provide enough soft water for the average family household.
- The Fleck SXT range is easy to install, easy to configure and offers the best value for money.
- Lower water consumption means lower operating costs when compared to other salt based water softener systems.