Fleck Water Softener Reviews
Fleck water softener reviews.
It is owned by a company called Pentair Water Treatment who provide a 5 year warranty on their products.
Having looked at many genuine Fleck water softener reviews online, I will quickly discuss the pros and cons of all the top models. I will look at their different configurations and features.
However, I’ll start by explaining their benefits because you’re probably more concerned with why this brand is worth the cost, right? Let me explain.
- Fleck Water Softener Reviews
- Benefits of Using a Fleck Water Softener
- Top Fleck Water Softeners
- Fleck 5600SXT Water Softener
- Fleck 7000SXT Water Softener
- Fleck 9100SXT Dual Tank Water Softener
- Fleck Water Softener Installation
- Fleck Water Softener Price
Benefits of Using a Fleck Water Softener
Why would you want to consider getting a Fleck water softener? Well here are the best features of using a Fleck water softener:
- First things first, the parts are easy to find. A quick Internet search will bring up plenty of sellers selling Fleck parts, systems and replacement cartridges.
- Very good customer service – Most of the customer feedback online report of good and helpful customer service provision.
- Eco-friendly products – Fleck units are typically made from good quality materials that are designed for lower annual power consumption. The result of this is that they use less salt and are ultimately better for the environment.
- Affordable – Fleck provide some of the most affordable products in the water filtration market. This includes providing lots of different configurations, which means you can almost always find something in your budget.
- Easy to use – Every Fleck water softener comes with an electronic power head that has a button panel, which lets you program the unit.
- WQA certified – This is one of the highest forms of certification and attests to the brands quality.
- Easy to assemble – Fleck units typically arrive fully assembled and ready to be plumbed. It will also come with an instructional video guide that provides you with step by step directions throughout the whole installation process.
Top Fleck Water Softeners
Finding the best water softener for you and your home depends on a number of different things. The first and perhaps most important is to determine how hard your water is.
Water hardness is when your water contains a high amount of hard dissolved minerals like calcium and magnesium.
Once you work out your water hardness, then you’ll get a better idea of which type of water softener model is best for you.
ALL the fleck models below treat a high level of water hardness. The key difference being their ability to deal with things like low pressures systems, high capacity etc.
Fleck Water Softener Comparison Table
This is by far one of Flecks most popular water softener systems. The 5600 SXT comes with a 48,000 grain capacity that can treat flow rates with up to 12 gpm.
This option is good for…
…homes that have a medium to high hardness level. The capacity is good for homes that house three-six people.
When buying the Fleck 5600 water softener you will also get an electronic controller. The best part is that the controller has a backlit LCD display. Its very own touch pad control allows you to easily program the water softening unit.
When it comes to actual softening, the Fleck 5600 uses the ion exchange process. In English, this means that anything considered to be hard ions like calcium and magnesium ions are removed from the water.
Because you can but the regeneration process on a meter, the Fleck 5600 SXT only creates soft water when it needs to.
The brine tank design means it can hold up to 250 pounds of pelleted salt. (Pelleted salt is a better choice if you’re thinking about costs. While potassium chloride pellets are for you if you prefer the eco-friendly option.)
Fleck 5600 SXT has not 1 but 2 separate warranties. It comes with a 5 year warranty on the head and a 10 year warranty for the tank. It has many positive customer reviews, which you can check on Amazon.
– – > See UK Prices
This specific model uses the Fleck’s 7000 valve, which is one of the latest valve types. It is a 1.25 valve that allows a high pressure flow and works with 35 gpm.
However, you can program it to make sure it is highly efficient at creating new soft water but uses minimal salt consumption.
The Fleck 9100SXT is a twin tank system. This means it is much more efficient and has a faster processing time. The tanks alternate which means you never run out of soft water. If you have a high level of hardness and need a larger capacity, this machine is right for you.
It is particularly good for a large family household or commercial setting. This is because the Fleck 9100SXT has something called an “On-Demand Flow meter”. The meter looks at how much water you use and then only produces more soft water when necessary.
Here is some technical information for those that need it. The maximum flow rate for this unit is 12 gpm. While the resin for each tank has a 1.5 cubic feet capacity.
– – > See UK Prices
One of the best things about fleck is that you don’t need a professional plumber to install it for you. This is unlike many other water softeners that are more expensive. YouTube is full of tuns of videos that take you through the installation process step-by-step. Below is one example of an official video by ABCwaters (the makers of Fleck) showing you how to install a Fleck water softener.
Fleck Water Softener Price
Fleck whole house waster softening systems tend to cost upwards of $500, with units that provide a higher capacity of water softening being more expensive.
Fleck Water Softener Reviews – Conclusion
If you go through the many customer fleck water softener reviews online a common remark is how easy it is to use the units. Others comment on how efficient Flecks machines are and most people seem to be very happy with the water softening results.
The long warranty provided by Fleck is a big bonus.
If you’re on a tight budget Fleck has more affordable offerings that still deliver good water softening capabilities.
I hope that this Fleck water softener review has been helpful to you. If you have any questions them leave me a comment and I’ll respond as soon as I can.
Need an alternative to Fleck? Then you can read my full comprehensive review for APEC water softening systems.
Finally if installing a whole house water system is too much trouble then you can try portable softening systems.