Last Updated: September 4, 2020
Before talking about the benefits of getting a clack water softener, why do you need to get a water softener in the first place?
However, if you find that your sinks are stained with white limescale, your skin is dry and itchy then you may have a problem with hard water. And if this is the case then you probably need a water softener.
Water softening systems will help increase the life of your appliances, plumbing and clothing. A good water softener can even help you save money in the long run.
This is because you will save money on having to keep replacing appliances destroyed by hard water:
– Hard water causes mineral deposits on the skin, hair and clothes.
– Blocks pipes, water tanks and boilers, which reduces efficiency and increases energy costs.
– Stains toilets, bathtubs, showers, toilets and faucets.
– Their deposits form lime deposits, which reduce the effectiveness of household appliances, such as washing machines.
Basically, water softeners remove high levels of calcium and magnesium ions that is present in hard water. The softener system removes “hardness” with salt and this will stop ugly white stains and scales in your water, kitchen and bathroom.
There are many different types of water softeners and clack is one of them. This article is a clack water softener review that will help you decide if this brand is correct for you.
Clack Water Softener Review
The Clack water softener units are suitable for commercial, industrial and residential applications. You can time and control Clack systems by using its meter. This is also why a Clack softener with a meter is one of the most expensive options.
- The advantage of a system controlled by meter is that it allows the system to calculate water consumption.
- It allows you to only run a regeneration cycle when enough water has been consumed until the resin bed runs out. These systems avoid unnecessary waste of water and ensure that your resin bed never runs out.
- The timer controls, although less robust, are extremely reliable and consistent.
- Meter controlled softener systems are ideal in environments where the demand for soft water is not particularly high or the need for soft water around the clock is not absolutely necessary. This is because your system is likely to be offline for at least 2 hours during a recovery cycle.
- If the system is programmed, it can be set manually at a time when you probably need less soft water.
Benefits of Using A Clack Water Softener
– Bathrooms, shower cabins and toilets are no longer contaminated by mineral deposits.
– Consumption and spending on detergents and shampoos can be reduced by up to 50%
– Home devices and appliances last longer and the maintenance costs are reduced.
– Energy bills can be reduced by at least 10%
– The condition of the skin can improve markedly. Especially people with eczema, who see significant improvements after using soft water.
– Hair feels and clothes are softer, lighter and brighter.
– Saves time and eliminates the need for aggressive chemicals to eliminate lime.
Clack Water Softener Manual
Here are links to the most requested Clack water softener manual.
If these manuals are not helpful or right for your model then you can try calling the Clack water softener number on 608-846-3010. If that is not possible then try email customer services by using the online contact form available on their website.
Clack Water Softener Price
The price for a clack water softener is typically around $500.
Also, this does not include the potential costs of getting a professional plumber to install it for you.
Nor does it include the costs of maintenance and upkeep for instance, it doesn’t include the water softener salt that you need to buy to make the softener work.
Where To Buy Clack Water Softener
You can go direct to Clack to find out where their water softeners are stocked. Alternately you can look for them on places like eBay. It’s not the easiest water softener to find and there are many other options that you can consider.
Clack vs Aquasana vs Pelican?
Although Clack is generally a good water softener, it is hard to find and has some better competitors.
Its systems don’t require salt they can treat hard water up to 24 ppm (which is extremely hard).
Its filters are powerful enough to treat pharmaceuticals, chlorine, pesticides, lead, mercury and other nasties.
Getting a UV filter upgrade means that the machine will also remove bacteria, viruses and chlorine resistant cysts.
Why is Aquasana Better? (Salt FREE Softener + Whole House Filter Solution)
Getting this system will deal with ALL the problems with your water. Hard water, contaminants, sediments etc.
The best part is that this system will treat 1,000,000 gallons – which means it will take 10 years before you need to replace the filters.
It does NOT use salt to effectively treat hard water up to 24 parts per million (which is extremely hard).
The powerful filters remove things like volatile organic chemicals (VOC’s), herbicides, chlorine, heavy metals like mercury, lead and much more
Water and energy efficiency means lower operating costs.
The UV filter will effectively treat bacteria viruses and chlorine resistant cysts.
Purchasing it direct from the manufacturer gives you 90-Day “Pure Satisfaction” guarantee.
You should onsider getting this softener model because it:
Takes care of itself (set it and forget it).
The salt based softener is good at dealing with very hard water.
It includes multiple stages of filtration so your water is both soft and drinkable.