Yes, it’s a bit more expensive to buy because the regular size softeners’ are better value for money. But it is also the least expensive softener to run because of its size. Also, it will generally be the least expensive option over a 10-year period when compared to all other softeners.
In terms of efficiency, using a small water softener can have extremely low salt consumption.
They typically have an average lifespan of 20 years, based on the average water consumption of a family of 4.
This article will review the best small domestic water softeners.
Small Domestic Water Softeners
On The Go OTG4-DBLSOFT-Portable 16,000 Grain RV Water Softener
This is a small water softener that you can use for the home or as a portable unit for RV’s or caravans. It is a double standard softener and conditioner, which produces twice as many gallons as the standard model. You should also note that this is the largest compact RV softener on the market.
Might be too small for an apartment or condo and better for RV’s. If you want a small water softener that can be sufficient for a home, try the ABCwaters compact Fleck.
- This 16,000 grain unit is perfect for the owner of an RV, caravan or moving domestic home on wheels. You can also expect 40% more soft water than other small compact softener models.
- It simply regenerates with 2 boxes of table salt in less than 30 minutes and gives the owner soft water up to 1600 gallons or up to 40 days.
- You can use a standard garden hose connection between the park faucet and its RV / Marine.
- One of the best things about this unit is that it requires NO tools or power and the compact design measures 22″ high x 9.50″ in diameter.
- The small compact size means that it can easily be stowed in its storage compartment or in the locker on the dock side.
- The compact and space-saving design allows it to be installed in the tightest places.
- It allows high flow rates with very low pressure drop.
- Exclusive features include an easy-to-carry top handle, a large mouth opening for easy salt addition as well as a high-quality resin.
- There is also a 360 degree swivel handle for easy connection of the inlet tube and option lid and a stopper that prevents leakage and designed for quick and easy regeneration.
ABCwaters Built Compact Fleck 5600SXT
This model is based on the ever popular and best selling softener model from Fleck.
This is a complete system of compact water softener and turnkey system that you can set and forget.
Unlike a typical portable water softener, there is no messy manual regeneration process! It is automatically controlled by the digital clock valve from Fleck 5600sxt. Softening capacity of 16,000 grains with our high performance resin for best quality in the industry.
Recommended for mobile homes, condos, apartments and small houses.
However, these systems require a manual regeneration process. What does that mean? Well, you have to spend 20 to 30 minutes performing the flushing process that is part of the regeneration of the resin medium.
The mode of operation is that you must connect a continuous water hose through the inlet valve and hard water is drained from the system through the outlet valve.
As you can imagine, flushing the water through a portable system is not difficult but can be quite complicated.
Benefits and Features:
It has so many features and benefits that you should now out:
- The portable water softener system gives you the freedom to quickly connect or disconnect without the need for permanent installation.
- The compact water softener systems include an electronic system of programmable valves.
- Also, the electronic valve automatically carries out the regeneration process for you. The system automatically flushes the brine mix and discards the hard water particles through the main drain instead of manually.
- Extremely space saving. This system is ideal for providing soft water in a small space.
- This system offers you the convenience of protecting your devices in the smallest of spaces.
- There is no messy manual regeneration process.
- Made of durable material, a programmable valve and the check valve is guaranteed for 5 years.
- A disinfectant package.
- Silicone grease.
- A hardness test strip.
- Small parts kit.
- A 4ft 3/8″ brine line.
- Installation instructions written by ABCwaters engineers.
- 1x 10 “x 18” gray mineral tank.
- 1x 10 “x 18” round black brine tank with safety floater.
The mineral tank has a 10-year warranty and the brine tank has a 1 year warranty.
Great customer support that comes in the form of phone, e-mail, text messaging, and now Face-time support. There are also tons of YouTube videos and instruction manuals online as this is a very popular softener model.
The Best Small Water Softener?
By far the best system is the ABCwaters Built Compact softener because it’s based on the best selling Fleck model.
And Fleck is a softener model that consistently receives great customer reviews on places like Amazon.