So, you remove the hot tub filter and found it was dirtier than normal.
The filter media begins to crumble after you soak it for a while.
It’s time to get hot tub replacement filters.
It can be said that the filter is the most important part of your hot tub. Maintaining its proper function is critical to the entire hot tub system. Make sure you keep up with hot tub replacement filter and take a big step toward keeping the hot tub hot.
However, if you buy replacement filters for the hot tub, you may feel a bit overwhelmed by the various options available. You may not know exactly which one is best for your needs, and you may have no idea where to start.
That’s why this article is here. Below is a list of the best hot tub replacement filters to make your purchase easier than ever. You can choose the perfect model for your particular hot tub model and in no time you can replace the old worn filter with a new and clean one.
Read on to find the best filter replacement products on the market and see for yourself which one can do the best job for you.
- Why Are Hot Tub Filters Important?
- The Best Hot Tub Replacement Filters
- Tips And Tricks For Buying Hot Tub Replacement Filters
Why Are Hot Tub Filters Important?
If you find that your current hot tub filter is not working as it should, you may be tempted to simply remove it and not bother buying a replacement. If you are considering this, take a step back and consider how important a hot tub bath filter is to the functionality of the entire hot tub system. Here is why:
- preveHot tub filters prevent the ingress of dirt and bacteria into the water. When you sink into your hot tub, you may not be aware of how many bacteria could surround you if you did not have a filter. A warm, moist environment is the perfect breeding ground for many types of bacteria, but filters can help to significantly reduce this exposure. You can also stop sediments, minerals, dirt and large debris before they reach you.
- The filters in your hot tub can prevent air from getting into your pipes. If air enters the pipes and the interior of the hot tub, it can cause significant damage. Especially if it is possible to get to the pump. If a simple replacement of the $20 cartridge could prevent you from having this problem, wouldn’t you take it?
- Hot tub filters can prevent your nozzles from being damaged. When air or debris gets into the pipes, they can sometimes become overloaded. When that happens you will not have any pleasant soothing bubbles while you enjoy your hot tub. Jets can be harder to replace than the filter cartridge, and if the pipes are too clogged, it can be a much bigger job than you ever thought. Always keep a filter to prevent this.
The Best Hot Tub Replacement Filters
Below are the best hot tub replacement filters on the market today. Depending on the type of hot tub you have, you can find the perfect new filter among these excellent products.
Remember that many types of hot tub filters are interchangeable. However, the best way to know what type of model you need to buy for your specific hot tub is to consult the user manual.
This will allow you to know the dimensions and specifications that you need to consider before purchasing your new filter.
Pleatco PDO75-2000 Replacement Cartridge
The Pleatco PDO75-2000 replacement cartridge is an excellent filter solution for hard-to-clean hot tubs. This filter has a 50% hollow center. This facilitates the flow of water through the filter and all its wrinkles. And allows bacteria to adhere to the filter medium quickly and easily. So you can immediately enjoy clean water as soon as you install this filter in your hot tub. Best of all, the plastic cap and base are designed so that they do not disintegrate when exposed to prolonged exposure to pool and hot tub chemicals.
- It can be difficult to fit into some big brand hot tub filter housing units.
- The blue plastic breaks with prolonged use and can get into the water of the hot tub.
- Its design has no handles. This means that removing the filter from the housing unit may be difficult.
- The material of the filter media is designed so that it can be repeatedly used and cleaned even with aggressive chemicals.
- Easy replacement with larger filter cartridges of all models available on the market today.
- It has many wrinkles to filter the water despite its larger size.
Filbur FC-2401 Antimicrobial Replacement Cartridge
The Filbur FC-2401 antimicrobial filter cartridge is specifically designed for use with the Freeflow Legend Spa. However, it can also be used with a variety of other devices of similar configurations. This filter has molded threads to ensure that the folded polyester never gets off the rest of the filter cartridge. It is made for repeated use. So just remove it from your filtration system, clean it and replace it for up to a year without having to buy a new cartridge.
- It can be difficult to clean as the fold in this filter will catch much more dirt and grime than many others.
- More expensive than other comparable filters in the market today.
- If the wrinkles do not rinse well, it is possible that the waste ends up in the bath during prolonged use.
- It has a reinforced construction that prevents the filter cartridge from breaking or bending, even under pressure or prolonged use.
- Equipped with an easy-to-use handle, which facilitates installation and removal.
- It has a durable upper and lower part that can withstand a large amount of chemical cleaning and treatment products in and around the hot tub.
These replacement Lifesmart filters are designed for use with Lifesmart hot tubs. But they are also compatible with Grandmaster, Hydromaster, Simplicity and a wide selection of similar Jacuzzi’s. Note that this is a very traditional size and shape of hot tub filter. The filter cartridge is finely folded so it can catch even the smallest of sediment, minerals and other contaminants that you do not want to get into the water of your hot tub. Use this filter and you’ll love how fast it works.
- This is a lesser-known brand.
- The pleated cartridge in this filter cartridge are secured with a chain hoist and are not reinforced and threaded. This means that they can sometimes be loosened.
- The lid and base of this filter are not designed to cope with prolong exposure to chemicals in your hot tub.
- This filter has a simple handle that makes removal and replacement very easy.
- The filter is designed to work with many of the largest vendors in the world of hot tubs.
- The pleated cartridge of this filter is strong enough to be cleaned with harder cleaning solutions, provided that it is not soaked too much.
Replacement Cartridge Unicel 6CH-940 Waterway
The Unicel 5CH-940 Waterway Replacement Cartridge is designed to be used with Aber brands. But is also interchangeable with other brands. This durable filter has fine, reinforced wrinkles that absorb as much of the bacteria, dirt and grime as possible before it reaches the hot tub. The filter medium is made of polyester. This means that it is strong enough to be used several times before it needs replacing. This is a powerful filter that can soak in aggressive chemicals for a short time when thorough cleaning is required.
- The filter media may be too thick to work properly in some models of hot tubs.
- It is known that the parts of the plastic sometimes splits or break and float in the water of the hot tub.
- This filter is not as interchangeable with other models as some of the others listed here.
- This is a very affordable filter that will save you a lot of money in the long run.
- Features an easy-to-maneuver handle for quick and easy installation and replacement.
- The wrapped and robust construction prevents the filter from dissolving even after repeated use and cleaning.
Replacement 2-Pack Clarathon Spa Filters
Use the 2 pack Clarathon Spa filter replacement along with a conventional folded cartridge filter to get the cleanest tub water you can imagine. This microfilter is designed to be placed on top of your traditional filter cartridge so that your water gets a second, deeper cleaning each time it passes through the filter system.
Keep in mind that not all hot tubs are compatible with a microfilter and that your manual should inform you.
If your tub is compatible, do yourself a favor and immediately take a pack of microfilters. You will be surprised how clean and comfortable your water is when you use it!
- It should be used in conjunction with a traditional cartridge filter and can not be used alone.
- It may need to be replaced much more often than the cartridge filter. As this filter is much smaller and easier to block.
- It can be difficult to clean and may not have a high re-use value per filter.
- It works as good as, if not better, than the most popular branded microfilter replacement cartridges.
- Much cheaper than brand microfilters from some of the best known companies.
- Easy to use with your cartridge filter as long as your hot tub is compatible.
Tips And Tricks For Buying Hot Tub Replacement Filters
There are many options for you when you buy your filter replacement from Amazon! Consider the following tips and tricks to make your online purchases easier:
- Always check the reviews. Even if a product is new, if you only have a handful of reviews, you can know if it’s worth it or not.
- Check how many products have been sold. Every consumer does not necessarily leave a review. So you should look at the number of products sold to tell how popular they are.
- Remember that you have refund options when you buy from Amazon. If your product does not arrive as described, you can always return it.
- Simply select filters that list the specifications of your products in a location that’s easy to find in the list. So you always get a good product with a quality guarantee.
- Try to buy from sellers with a customer service option included on their profile page. This will allow you to contact if there is a problem with your order.
- Always measure your old filter cartridge or check the recommended dimensions in the instruction manual of your filter. That way you can be sure to get a filter size that’s right for your hot tub.
- Check your previous filter to detect major installation issues. For example, a single type of screw or O-ring that may not come with a replacement filter. Make sure you have one of these handy if you think you need them to install the next filter.
With these tips in mind, you will be able to easily order your replacement filters from Amazon and always get the perfect product.