Article Last Updated: November 2023
APEC Water Systems Complaints And FLAWS
As you would expect, these systems have lots of mixed reviews. However, it is important to know that the average verified customer review from places like amazon are 4.5 out of 5 (at the time of writing this).
Here are 2 of the the most common complaints:
Many of the complaints online relate to cost. The APEC water system is expensive and so are the replacement filters.
But perhaps the biggest design FLAW is that the system does not feature any notification alerting mechanism that alerts you when a filter needs to be replaced.
Do You Even Need This System?
Before getting into this APEC water systems review let us first look at why you might consider getting one in the first place.
The APEC water system is a professional grade reverse osmosis water filter that fits under your sink and filters all the water that comes through that water source.
It is ideal for you if:
You are happy to only have filtered water in your kitchen and no where else in the home. (Otherwise you should consider a whole house filter like this).
You have some basic DIY plumbing skills in order to install it yourself or are happy to hire a qualified plumber.
APEC Whole House Water Filter – Which Model Is Right For YOU?
A.P.E.C is an American brand. Their water filter systems are designed to be safe for drinking and cooking.
What’s the best thing about APEC systems?
It has to be by far the modern technology the comes with a 5 stage water purifying system. This means that you’re guaranteed water that tastes amazing and super clean after being filtered 5 times.
APEC filters remove bacteria and almost a hundred percent of chemicals and chlorine.
APEC Reverse Osmosis Top Models – In Detail
There are 3 main models of the APEC water filtration system (i)APEC RO-90, (ii)RO-PERM (iii)ROES-50.
Which is the best for you? Let’s see.
Below are the main differences between the top three models that I have just mentioned. The following comparison should hopefully help you decide which APEC reverse osmosis system is right for you.
This model is the model for you if you have a larger home or need a water filter for a commercial setting like an office.
Because it has the capacity to filter up to 90 gallons every. Single. Day.
If your home has a low water pressure then the RO-PERM system filters water while also increasing the pressure at which it delivers your filtered water to the tap / faucet.
It does this by filling the tank many times faster. This system is right for you if your home has the pressure of around 30-50 psi.
The bottom line is that if you have a low pressure system, then this would be the most suitable APEC model for you.
ROES-50 is perhaps the most affordable option out of all 3 mentioned so far.
This doesn’t mean that it produces any less quality, however, the lower price reflects fewer upgrades and the lower capacity.
The APEC ROES-RO is only able to filter up to 50 gallons per day. That means this reverse osmosis filter is better suited to smaller homes.
To summarize, it still uses the same filtering process as the other systems but has a smaller capacity (50 gallons daily) and fewer extra features.
Technology Behind APEC’s 5-Stage Filtration:
- STAGE 1: As you would expect, this stage involves the water going through the very first filter. This filter has a 5 micron that is a 10 inch high-capacity sediment filter and made from polypropylene. The job of this filter is simply to remove rust, dust and particles. It also makes the rest of the filter have a longer life because it does a lot of heavy lifting.
- STAGE 2: This is when the water is filtered in the next carbon block 5 micron, which is a 10 inch filter. It is this stage that removes bad odors and taste, including things like chlorine.
- STAGE 3: This stage does similar things to the previous stage. It essentially removes the contaminants mentioned in the previous stage even more.
- STAGE 4: This stage is called “FILMTEC high-rejection TFC membrane”. The fancy name basically explains that this stage of the membrane removes contaminants and 99% of TDS (total dissolved solids) from the water. The contaminants that it removes include radium, chromium, arsenic, fluoride, lead, viruses, bacteria and many others.
- STAGE 5: This is when the water hits the “Total Contamination Removal Filter”, which is made from a 10 inch advanced coconut shell carbon. This final layer of filtration removes any residual bad taste from the tap.
APEC System Installation
Each product comes complete with all the tools that you need to install the system. This includes an installation manual.
However, if you don’t feel comfortable doing it yourself then it shouldn’t be too difficult to get a local plumber that can install it for you.
Benefits of APEC Reverse Osmosis Water Filter Systems
Despite the issues mentioned at the start of this article there are also some benefits to consider:
It is fairly easy to upgrade your APEC system to another one.
It has a smart and automatic design.
APEC systems come with technical support.
It provides you with a noise free operation.
Easy to install with 1 hour installation.
Very Low maintenance, you only need to change the 3 ULTIMATE pre-filters every 12 months.
They typically come with 5 stages of filtration.
APEC Water Filter Replacement
Buying a replacement water filter is very easy. Click on this link to find the best deals on Amazon for APEC water systems.
There are currently no APEC water coupon code but when one becomes available, it will be posted here.
How To Replace Reverse Osmosis Filter Cartridges
APEC Water Systems Review – Conclusion
The APEC filter works on a reverse osmosis water purification model and have 5 stages of filtration.
My top pick is the APEC RO-PERM.
It includes all the best features and customers love it.
The systems might be a little expensive but they provide almost 100% filtration, which is very rare.