Last Updated on January 3, 2021
Before getting into this APEC water systems review let’s first look at why you might consider getting one in the first place.
Showers, cooking, laundry, dishwasher – just to name a few. This all adds up. The fact that you’re reading this article means that you care about clean water.
Or maybe you live in an area that has bad quality water?
If you do, it can be very annoying to keep on having to buy bottled water or constantly making trips to the tap with your water filter jug. It might be more convenient, cost effective (in the long run) and less stress to get an “at source” water system.
This RO (reverse osmosis) water filter will give you continuous supply of clean drinking water. One of the most popular brands is APEC but this product could also have some problems.
Let’s discover in this APEC water systems review full of facts the sales people won’t tell you.
- APEC Whole House Water Filter – Which Model Is Right For YOU?
- APEC Reverse Osmosis Top Models – In Detail
- APEC RO-90 Review
- APEC RO-PERM Review
- APEC ROES-50 Review
- APEC System Installation
- APEC Water Filter Replacement
- APEC Water Systems Review – Conclusion
APEC Whole House Water Filter – Which Model Is Right For YOU?
A.P.E.C is an American brand. Their water filter systems are designed to be safe for drinking and cooking.
What’s the best thing about APEC systems?
It has to be by far the modern technology the comes with a 5 stage water purifying system. This means that you’re guaranteed water that tastes amazing and super clean after being filtered 5 times!
APEC filters remove bacteria and almost a hundred percent of chemicals and chlorine.
APEC Reverse Osmosis Top Models – In Detail
There are 3 main models of the APEC water filtration system (i)APEC RO-90, (ii)RO-PERM (iii)ROES-50.
Which is the best for you? Let’s see.
Below are the main differences between the top three models that I have just mentioned. The following comparison should hopefully help you decide which APEC reverse osmosis system is right for you.
APEC RO-90 Review
This model is the model for you if you have a larger home or need a water filter for a commercial setting like an office. Why? Because it has the capacity to filter up to 90 gallons every. Single. Day.
APEC RO-PERM Review
If your home has a low water pressure then the RO-PERM system filters water while also increasing the pressure at which it delivers your filtered water to the tap / faucet.
It does this by filling the tank many times faster. This system is right for you if your home has the pressure of around 30-50 psi.
The bottom line is that if you have a low pressure system, then this would be the most suitable APEC model for you.
APEC ROES-50 Review
ROES-50 is perhaps the most affordable option out of all 3 mentioned so far. This doesn’t mean that it produces any less quality, however, the lower price reflects fewer upgrades and the lower capacity.
The APEC ROES-RO is only able to filter up to 50 gallons per day. That means this reverse osmosis filter is better suited to smaller homes.
To summarize, it still uses the same filtering process as the other systems but has a smaller capacity (50 gallons daily) and fewer extra features.
Technology Behind APEC’s 5-Stage Filtration
- STAGE 1: As you would expect, this stage involves the water going through the very first filter. This filter has a 5 micron that is a 10 inch high-capacity sediment filter and made from polypropylene. The job of this filter is simply to remove rust, dust and particles. It also makes the rest of the filter have a longer life because it does a lot of heavy lifting.
- STAGE 2: This is when the water is filtered in the next carbon block 5 micron, which is a 10 inch filter. It is this stage that removes bad odors and taste, including things like chlorine.
- STAGE 3: This stage does similar things to the previous stage. It essentially removes the contaminants mentioned in the previous stage even more.
- STAGE 4: This stage is called “FILMTEC high-rejection TFC membrane”. The fancy name basically explains that this stage of the membrane removes contaminants and 99% of TDS (total dissolved solids) from the water. The contaminants that it removes include radium, chromium, arsenic, fluoride, lead, viruses, bacteria and many others.
- STAGE 5: This is when the water hits the “Total Contamination Removal Filter”, which is made from a 10 inch advanced coconut shell carbon. This final layer of filtration removes any residual bad taste from the tap.
APEC System Installation
Each product comes complete with all the tools that you need to install the system. This includes an installation manual.
However, if you don’t feel comfortable doing it yourself then it shouldn’t be too difficult to get a local plumber that can install it for you.
Benefits of APEC Reverse Osmosis Water Filter Systems
- It is fairly easy to upgrade your APEC system to another one.
- It has a smart and automatic design.
- APEC systems come with technical support.
- It provides you with a noise free operation.
- Easy to install with 1 hour installation.
- Solid construction.
- Very Low maintenance, you only need to change the 3 ULTIMATE pre-filters every 12 months.
- They typically come with 5 stages of filtration.
APEC Water Systems Complaints And FLAWS
As you would expect, the internet has lots of mixed reviews. Of course there are people who are very upset and are likely to take the time to write an angry Internet review. Yelp has some helpful reviews which are mostly positive.
- Many of the complaints online relate to cost. The APEC water system is expensive and so are the replacement filters.There are literally thousands of reviews online and the average APEC water system review is 4.5 stars out of 5.
- I guess its biggest design FLAW is that the system does not feature any notification alerting mechanism that alerts you when a filter needs replacing.
APEC Water Filter Replacement
Buying a replacement water filter is very easy. Click on this link to find the best deals on Amazon for APEC water systems.
There are currently no APEC water coupon code but when one becomes available, it will be posted here.
APEC Water Systems Review – Conclusion
The APEC filter works on a reverse osmosis water purification model and have 5 stages of filtration.
My top pick is the APEC RO-PERM.
It includes all the best features and customers love it.
The systems might be a little expensive but they provide almost 100% filtration, which is very rare.