BRITA P1000 – Brita’s very own water filter tap.
There are many ways to get your water filtered. The easy and cheap way is to use a water filter bottle or water filter jug. For less than $40 and a couple of minutes you can start enjoying perfectly filtered water. However what you save in ease you lose in convenience. Constantly having to make a refill dash to the tap and waiting for the water to filter can be annoying. Also, you wont enjoy filtered water for your laundry, showers, in your sinks etc.
I find this annoying, what other choice do I have?
Well the other option is to get a whole house filter built directly into your water source. But this can be very expensive and requires a professional plumber (which also adds another cost separate from what you pay for the machine).
Neither of these work for me, what else can I do?
Thankfully there is a happy medium. You can get a filter directly installed into your tap, which gives you water that is immediately filtered every time. In this article, I am going to review the Brita P1000 water filter cartridge to determine whether Brita water filter taps are any good.
- What Does The Brita P1000 Water Filter Cartridge Do?
- What Does The BRITA P1000 Remove From Your Tap Water?
- Key Benefits of The Brita P1000
- Brita Tap Free Installation (DIY)
- How To Replace Brita P1000
- What is the Difference Between The Brita A1000 and P1000 Replacement Cartridge Filter?
- PROBLEMS With the Brita P1000?
What Does The Brita P1000 Water Filter Cartridge Do?
The Brita P1000 reduces limescale, chlorine and chlorine flavours. It also filters things like lead, copper that tend to occur in the average domestic plumbing system. The idea is that it removes anything that creates poor quality taste, odour as well as anything harmful.
The best thing is that all of this is done on demand. No more waiting for your water to filter, it comes out of the tap this way. This also means that you have instant hot filtered water.
It is also good for domestic appliances like washing machines and dishwashers (if you can install the cartridge directly into this source). This is because it will protect your devices against the build-up of limescale.
What Does The BRITA P1000 Remove From Your Tap Water?
TME’s, OCB’s, THM’s (trihalomethanes) and ECB’s
90% to 99%
90% to 99%
90% to 99%
Industrial Solvents PAHs (polycyclic hydrocarbons),(halogenated hydrocarbons), PCBs (polychlorinated biphenyls)
90% to 99%
Silt, Rust Particles, Algae
Oil Residues, Petroleum Solvents, Benzene,
Key Benefits of The Brita P1000
The Brita P1000 water filter cartridge fits and works with ALL current Brita taps and this includes the Online Active Plus System.
- The cartridge fits neatly under your sink. This could be horizontally or vertically.
- The Brita P1000 filter reduces chlorine, limescale and many other impurities. This allows your food and drink to taste better.
- The filter cartridge is designed to be super easy to replace.
- The P 1000 is recyclable.
- It comes with an audible buzzer which alerts you when the cartridge needs replacing.
- Each cartridge can filter up to 1200 Litre (this depends on how hard your water is).
- It can be used from three to six months, depending on your water hardness.
Brita Tap Free Installation (DIY)
One of the best things about the brita tap filter is how easy it is to install. You can do it your self with a little bit of DIY knowledge and basic understanding of plumbing systems. The video below shows you how this can be down in an easy step by step guide.
How To Replace Brita P1000
Changing Your Cartridge
Your filter cartridge needs to be changed every 6 months.
However, note that this is the average cartridge lifespan. But each cartridge comes with its own handy electronic device that tells you exactly when it’s replacement time. This takes away all of the guess work and means you can just focus on making sure you have a replacement cartridge ready to go.
The Brtia A 1000 video below shows a similar process to how to replace the P 1000.
What is the Difference Between The Brita A1000 and P1000 Replacement Cartridge Filter?
The A1000 only filters for taste and it does not soften the water whereas the P1000 does.
Brita P1000 vs A1000
PROBLEMS With the Brita P1000?
I am yet to see reports of any major problem with Brita’s water tap filter, however here are a few that I could come with:
- It might be annoying to have to change the filter every 6 months.
- Brita’s replacement filters are slightly more expensive than other brands, even though the quality is well worth the cost in my view.