Getting a home water refiner system has never been so important.
Do you smell chlorine from the water that comes out of your tap faucet or while showering? We have all recently learned that locally supplied water is purified using chlorine or chloramines. However, these are not always good for your skin, body or health.
The good news is that there are ways to safely remove things like chlorine from your water before it leaves your bathroom, kitchen and home faucets?
Most community and municipal water suppliers treat chlorine-containing water to kill bacteria. Some can even soften the water, but only to meet minimum requirements. That does not mean that it is ideal for your family.
This article will highlight and review a water refiner system that you should consider if you want to be in control of the water quality in your home.
- What Is A Water Refiner System?
- How Does a Water Refiner System Work?
- The Different Types of Water Refiner System
- Two Tank Refiner System: Aquasana 10-Year 1,000,000 Gallon
- Two Tank Refiner System:
- OptimH2O Whole House Filter and Salt Free Softener
- Which is The Best Type of Water Refiner System?
What Is A Water Refiner System?
In simple term, a water refiner system = water softener + filter.
A water refiner system is a system that works beyond a water softener. Water softeners work by washing hard water that enters a house through a tank of resin beads and salt water. Here magnesium and calcium are exchanged for sodium.
The main task of a water softener is to remove minerals such as calcium and magnesium from the water and replace them with sodium ions. This prevents limescale from being deposited in your pipelines.
However, a water refinery system not only removes minerals that produce hard water, but also pollutants such as chlorine, iron and sediment. It also eliminates any unpleasant taste and smell in water.
How Does a Water Refiner System Work?
A water refiner system both softens and filters water.
A water refiner system uses ion exchange filters to remove other contaminants and toxins from the water. This system works in the same way as a water softening system, but exchanges hydrogen ions for cations and hydroxyl ions of any kind with anions that are in the water. In this way, besides magnesium and calcium, many more chemicals are removed from the water.
It is a purifying water system that provides you with water for all purposes.
This is a great solution for anyone that wants fresh, pure water that is not only mild but free of other contaminants. There are two main different types of water refiner systems that you can consider.
The Different Types of Water Refiner System
SINGLE TANK SYSTEM: A cabinet system or single tank needs a lot less space because the brine tank of the softener is in the salt container.
TWO-TANK SYSTEM: A double tank system comes with a separate brine tank. This means that it offers more options for the hard water capacity of the refiner system.
Two Tank Refiner System: Aquasana 10-Year 1,000,000 Gallon
This water filtration system has filters that filter 1 million gallons or can filter 10 years of water supply. By way of exception, the Aquasana filter for the whole house contains everything that is required for a professional installation. However, installing this system is a bit complicated at home. Therefore, you may need to hire a plumber if you are unfamiliar with the pipe installation process.
The Aquasana refiner water system can eliminate approximately 97% of the chlorine in the entire water supply of your home. Which is some of the highest levels available on the commercial market today.
This can improve the taste of your drinking water and prevent hair and skin from being exposed to excessive chlorine.
Essential details about the product:
- It comes with the entire installation kit.
- Designed for use with standard 0.75 inch pipes.
- You can use it for 10 years or with 1 million gallons of water. Replacement filters are also available.
Technically, the system is not a water softener and more like a water filter. But the results are high quality and similar to those of a water softener in the sense that your water will not create limescale etc.
- It supplies your entire house with pure, high quality water. And the machine requires little or no maintenance.
- High performing so that it does not affect the water pressure in your home.
- This water filter system has a guaranteed life of about 10 years or 1,000,000 liters of water.
- Contains shut-off valves and all accessories.
- You get everything you need for a professional installation in the kit (make sure you select this option before you purchase).
Two Tank Refiner System:
OptimH2O Whole House Filter and Salt Free Softener
The entire house filter and the salt-free called the Aquasana OptimH2O softener is certified to reduce cysts and lead.
This also includes the ability to remove 99% of chloramines, chlorine and 98% PFOS and PFOA. This results in the cleanest and healthiest water you can drink especially if you are worried about lead contamination. Most water softeners on the market are not capable of removing lead but the OptimH20 removes over 99% of lead, which is the highest on the market today.
It has a variety of independently tested certifications. It is certified by, for example, the International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO). There is also an ANSI Standard 53 / NSF for the reduction of lead and cysts associated with this machine. NSF / ANSI Standard P473 means that you can effectively treat PFOA and PFOS.
- Reduction of cysts by 99.95 percent.
- PFOA / PFOS up 98 percent.
- 99.62% lead reduction.
- Chloramines and chlorine at 90%.
- The optional UV filter removes 99.99% Cryptosporidium, bacteria, e.coli and Giardia.
Essential details about the product:
- Powerful 0.5 micron filter.
- SCM salt-free softening technology.
- Replace LED-supported filter cartridge.
- It can be expensive, especially if you purchase optional upgrades. However, you can currently get 50% OFF by using promo code: AQGEEK50.
Main advantages and properties:
- A filtration of up to 0.5 microns reduces lead, cysts, PFOA / PFOS, chlorine, chloramines and more.
- Producing 8 gallons per minute means it can meet the needs of a large or busy family.
- With the LED flow meter you know exactly when you need to change your filter cartridge.
- You do not need a plumber to replace the filter cartridge.
- Instead of granular filter media, dense carbon block filters are used, which are far more effective.
SPECIAL OFFER: 50% OFF coupon code and FREE delivery using code: AQGEEK50.
Which is The Best Type of Water Refiner System?
A water refiner system softens and filters your family’s water by removing minerals and sediments of hardness that were not eliminated by the water company.
Adding extra layers of water softening and filtration means that you enjoy the best possible water.
However, the best place to start is to get a water test kit so that you know what type of water you’re dealing with and then buy the corresponding water refiner system.
If, however, you want to save all that time and fed up of doing hours of research on the Internet then buy the OptimH20 because it takes care of every possible water issue.