The Complete Aquasana Reviews of Softeners, Filters and Showerheads
Aquasana is one of the few water brands and manufacturers that is American owned. They produce everything from water softeners to filters. This includes shower filters and everyday water filters that give you fresh drinking water. However, this brand is best known for its own line of home water treatment.
They provide many products to choose from and this article will go through key products from the Aquasana range. It will include a review of the best Aquasana water softeners, sink water filters and shower filters.
By the end of this comprehensive Aquasana reviews article, you should be able to decide which product from their range is right for you.
- Get The Best Deal With This Exclusive Aquasana Coupon Code
- The Best Aquasana Water Softeners
- Best Aquasana Sink Water Filters
- Aquasana Shower Filter Reviews
Get The Best Deal With This Exclusive Aquasana Coupon Code
Before discussing reviews, make sure get the lowest price. This offer is exclusive to Mr Water Geek and not available anywhere else. It ENDS SOON so take advantage of it now if you’re thinking about getting an Aquasana product.
You can get up to 50% OFF select water filters plus FREE US shipping (on orders over $25) with code AQGEEK50.
The Best Aquasana Water Softeners
Aquasana EQ-AST-WH Whole House “Salt-Free” Softener
The EQ-AST-WH water softener from Aquasana prevents scale in your pipes and plumbing while also softening the water in the whole home. Its biggest selling point is it is an eco-friendly softening system that does NOT use salt or harsh chemicals to soften water.
Here are some other Aquasana EQ-AST-WH specifications;
- This machine does not demineralize water because it works without harsh chemicals.
- It is a salt free unit meaning that it does not add excess salt waste into your water and environment.
- This unit has a dual tank system. This means it is ready to be hooked up to your whole house water filter system, standalone descaler or water softening system.
- You can use it’s salt free NAC (Nucleation Assisted Crystallization) technology to tackle hard water problems.
- The EQ-AST-WH is designed to protect your plumbing and pipes from things like limescale formation and corrosion. It achieves this by changing the structure of hard minerals. The result of this is that minerals are not able to bind together to form limescale buildup.
- The water conditioning part of this machine reduces the effects of scale as well as the excess iron in your water.
- Having a machine like this that reduces existing scale buildup helps to extend the life of your home appliances and pipes.
Aquasana EQ-1000 Whole House 10-Year Water Filter + Salt Free Softener
Remember that this is only the “pre-filter” process after which it goes through a tank that contains a mixture of copper-zinc oxidation and crushed mineral stone. This helps to reduce chlorine and balance the pH level of your water.
Here are some other key benefits of the EQ-1000;
- Aquasana EQ-1000 is designed so that it provides you with filtration for up to a million gallons of water which works out as around 10 years of use.
- It filters water through different stages with a pre-filter and main filter unit.
- The package includes everything you need for installation including the shut-off valve and required hardware kit.
- The Aquasana EQ-1000 does not use salt to filter water.
- Neither does it use electricity or operate with back-flushing.
Aquasana Reviews – Whole House Comparison Chart
|Aquasana EQ-AST-WH||Aquasana EQ-1000||OptimH2O Whole House Filter + Salt-Free Water Softener|
|- Salt free softener.||- Salt free softener.|
- Filters 97% chlorine, cysts.
- UV upgrade removes 99% bacteria, e.coli, giardia and cryptosporidium.
|- Salt free softener.
- Filters 99% lead, chlorine, cysts, chloramines, pfos etc.
- UV upgrade removes 99% bacteria, e.coli, giardia and cryptosporidium.
|Price: $$||Price: $$$||Price: $$$$|
Best Aquasana Sink Water Filters
Aquasana AQ-5300.55 Under Counter Water Filter (3-Stage)
Aquasana AQ-5300.55 is an under counter water filter that works with a 3 stage drinking water system that uses a 2-stage filter process. As if this wasn’t enough it also has a an extra pre-filter that is designed to catch sediment and reduce clogging.
- Filtration capacity is 600 gallons.
- This water filter system uses the Claryum, which is a filtration technology that is NSF certified.
- Claryum technology removes up to 97% of chloramines and chlorine as well as things like pesticides, herbicides and lead.
- It has a visually appealing appearance with an all metal construction and brushed nickel faucet.
- One of the best things about the Aquasana AQ-5300.55 is it is DIY friendly. In fact, someone with basic DIY skills can easily install this under counter filter in under 1 hour.
Aquasana AQ-4501.56 Premium Counter Water Filter
The AQ-4501.56 Aquasana counter filter removes bad odor, taste and contaminants from your water. However, it also retains healthy minerals that are naturally present in water.
- It use a filtration process that combines a sub-micron filtration, ion exchange and carbon filter. The result of this is both clean and healthy water full of minerals.
- You will only need to replace the filter cartridges after every 500 gallons of water has been filtered. This works out as a 6 month period for the average household.
- This unit is both easy to install and easy to replace filters.
Aquasana AQ-4601.55 Premium Under Counter Water Filter (3-Stage)
Aquasana Reviews – Under Counter Filter Comparison Chart
|Aquasana AQ-5300.55||Aquasana AQ-4601.55||Aquasana AQ-4501.56|
|Gallons: 600||Gallons: 500||Gallons: 500|
|Dimensions: 12 x 4.2 x 9||Dimensions: 11.4 x 10.7 x 5.2||Dimensions: 12 x 7 x 4|
|Stages of filtration: 3||Stages of filtration: 2||Stages of filtration: 3|
Aquasana Shower Filter Reviews
Aquasana AQ-4100 Deluxe Shower Water Filter
The Aquasana AQ-4100 deluxe shower filters water through a 2 stage filtration process. Stage 1 involves the removal of chlorine and the balancing of pH levels. The pH level is both balanced and enhanced through the combined treatment of copper and zinc.
Water then goes through a coconut shell carbon during the second stage of filtration. It is during this process that synthetic substances and volatile organic compounds are removed.
It is just as well because these are the very substances that can be vaporized and absorbed through the pores of your skin. Also, inhaling them can cause adverse side effects. This filtration method will also remove chlorine as well as other contaminants.
- It is very easy to install. The package includes a manual that instructs you through the simple installation process.
- Aquasana claims the AQ-4100 is able to reduce 91% of harmful synthetic chemicals in city water and chlorine. The result of this is a healthier showering experience that leads to softer skin and shinier hair.
- Filters last for up to 6 months before you need to replace them.
- The unit also includes a deluxe shower head.
- But you can also get the Aquasana AQ-4100 shower filter WITHOUT the shower head. This doesn’t necessarily mean that you will save money because both options are closely priced. But it’s a great option if you don’t need the extra shower head.
Aquasana AQ-4105 Shower Head Filter
What is the main difference? This model comes with a handheld wand.
- AQ-4105 makes use of a 2-stage filtration system. The first stage removes chlorine and balances the pH. While stage 2 filters the water with a coconut shell carbon filter.
- This filtration is able to do this because it includes a copper-zinc oxidation media (as well as the coconut shell carbon).
- After these two stages it will have reduced chlorine, synthetic chemicals, and balances pH level.
- Its filter cartridge will last about 6 months or filter around 10,000 gallons of water.
Aquasana Inline Chrome Shower Filter
Here are some of its other benefits and specifications;
- This Aquasana inline filter uses the same filtration technology as the AQ-4105 and AQ-4100. The result is cleaner water the has reduced chlorine and contaminants.
- You can expect the water filter cartridge to last up to 6 months.
- The unit is made of chrome, giving it a sleek look.
- It comes with a modern shower head that has different spray settings that you can change for more comfort.
Aquasana Reviews – Shower Filter Comparison Chart
|Dimensions: 8.5 x 7.2 x 3.2||
Dimensions: 9 x 6.2 x 4.5
My top pick for a whole house softener is the Aquasana OptimH2O + Salt Free Filter