Eat These SERIOUSLY Water Rich Foods When Dehydrated

Water rich foods are the secret to getting more hydration in your diet without actually drinking more water.

Believe it or not, you can eat solid foods to take in about 20% of your daily water intake if you prefer. Ideally, you’ll get the biggest bang for your buck by eating plenty of healthy fruits and vegetables.

No one is saying to forgo drinking your fair share of water because it’s absolutely important.

But we are saying that you shouldn’t feel the need to gulp down all your daily water needs if it’s too much to handle.

Make a habit of eating the most water rich foods on the planet on a regular basis. Pick those that contain 90% of water by weight and eat them often.

To help you get started, we’ll share our favorite healthy and hydrating water containing foods below.

To eat tasty fruits and vegetables at the lowest possible price, visit

Consider starting your own garden to save money while eating the healthiest, organically grown options coming directly from the earth in your own backyard

Cucumbers 96.7% Water

Cucumbers are an amazing and life-affirming water rich food with water content levels consisting of 96.7%. Out of every solid food currently available today, cucumbers contain the highest levels of water content, and they taste absolutely astounding!

If you love salads, then we highly recommend cutting them up and eating them with other leafy green vegetables, colorful onions and tomatoes, and other wonderful water rich foods.

Another great way to eat them is by cutting pieces up in slices and then dipping them in your favorite hummus.

Cucumber soup is also an excellent hydrating option. So pick your favorites and remember to eat your cucumbers every day.

Iceberg Lettuce 95.6% Water

Our second favorite option is iceberg lettuce because this healthy leafy green vegetable is made up of 95.6% water.

Even though many people talk negatively about iceberg lettuce because it doesn’t contain too many nutritious vitamins and minerals, it’s still worth it to eat it because of the incredible water content.

Plus, iceberg lettuce isn’t completely devoid of nutrients.

It contains some fiber and it also has smaller amounts of vitamin K, folate, vitamin A, calcium, potassium, and zinc.

So you are getting some nutritional benefits along with all of the life-giving water content there to keep you hydrated and healthy.

Celery 95.4% Water

Celery is our third favorite option and it’s also a great choice because it’s made up of 95.4% water.

It also tastes great and has so few calories that many people believe it has negative calories, even though this isn’t exactly true. Each stalk of celery consists of 6 calories, which is hardly anything at all.

Eating plenty of celery is a wonderful option if you’re attempting to lose weight. It has healthy amounts of fiber, which will help you fill up while eating.

Plus, with large amounts of water contained in each stalk, you’ll feel fuller much quicker on very few calories.

So if you’re trying to lose weight, make sure celery becomes a staple in your diet.

Strawberries  92.0% Water

We love strawberries because they are naturally sweet. This means they make the perfect snack. But did you know that  they are also the perfect way to hydrate your body?

Strawberries are 92% water.

This is the largest water content of almost all fruits in the berry family. Apart from that, strawberries are a good source of fiber and are loaded with vitamin C.

Watermelon 91.5% Water

It’s not surprising that watermelons have a big contender for one of the best quenchers of thirst. Given its name, it is probably no surprise that watermelons contain almost 92% water. The remaining 8% are not bad either, consisting of calcium, potassium, magnesium, vitamin A and vitamin C.

SERIOUSLY Water Rich Foods Percentages

Water-Rich Foods for Babies

In the first 6 months, babies get the bulk of their hydration needs from milk but you can start to introduce easily digestible pureed food after this. You can blend or purée water based vegetables and fruits like watermelon, broccoli, cucumber, apple, pear and even introduce them to light broth-based soups.


Clearly, the benefits of drinking ample amounts of water every day are so plentiful that it’s hard to keep track of them all.

HINT Pomegranet

A few of our favorite benefits are that it promotes weight loss, flushes the body of toxins, boosts the immune system, and so much more.

We all know we need to drink enough water each day. If you’re having a tough time drinking all of your daily recommended cups.

We highly recommend adding lots of water-filled foods to your diet.

If you do, you can cut out 20% of your daily water consumption because you’ll be receiving it through food.

HINT Subscribe and Save

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *