Last Updated: May 13, 2020
Distilled water brands are now more important than ever because a bottle labelled “distilled” is not always the case.
So being able to distinguish between trustworthy distilled water brands is essential.
Many mottled water companies are involved in fierce competition. They compete to see who can offer more options of distilled water for the masses.
The current consumption of distilled water in the USA is 45 liters per capita .
You can become an informed and savvy customer by being able to know which brands offer the best product. By the end of this article you will be able to choose the right brand for you and your family.
- Why You Should Drink Distilled Water?
- Best Distilled Water Brands
- Distilled Water Brands, Which Is The Best?
Why You Should Drink Distilled Water?
The simple answer is that it is one of the purest forms of water you will ever be able to drink.
The only issue that you might have is that it has a “flat taste” since everything (including healthy minerals and nutrients) have been removed from the water.
Other than that, it is perfectly safe to drink. In fact there are some sources that claim drinking distilled water will help your body detox.
Below gives you an idea of how powerful water distillation can be when filtering contaminants from your water.
Best Distilled Water Brands
- Mini Classic.
- Steam Pure.
Waterwise is a US water company run by a single family. It has existed for more than 35 years, but still has a personal touch with all its customers. One of the reasons why WaterWise is a good brand of distilled water is their guarantee.
This is one of the few companies that offer an exchange or refund of 100 days. Having a guarantee like this means that the company is convinced of their products’ quality. It also means that you can buy safely with them.
Waterwise 8800 Water Distiller Purifier
The 8800 is the best distiller brands from Waterwise in my opinion. It is very easy to use. In fact it is as simple as boiling water in a kettle. All you have to do is pour water into the stainless steel boiler and then turn on the start button. That is it.
- With the easy-to-use electronic monitor, you can program it before bed for the first cup of coffee or tea in the morning.
- Take the 8800 with you on your next trip because the portable and programmable 8800 is ready when you need it!
- As with all Water Wise distillers, the 8800 combines steam distillation with carbon sequestration. This results in optimum water purity.
- The electronic monitor with its multi-function LCD display even alerts you when it’s time to change the filter.
- Capacity: 6 gallons in 24 hours.
The box includes:
- Capacity: 6 Gallons (22.7 liters) in 24 hours
- Distiller, Collector/Carafe and 1 Carbon Filter
- Width 15.4″ (39 cm)
- Height 15″ (38 cm), Depth 10.5″ (26.7 cm)
- Rating: 120VAC/60Hz 800W
- Net Weight: 14.3 Ibs (6.4 kgs)
The cheapest offering is the AquaNui CT, which provides you with approximately 0.8 gallons per batch.
- Fits on Countertop.
- Easy to fill distiller manually.
- Steam sterilization option.A portable water distiller that is easy to move.
- Comes with 1 glass jar.
- No installation required.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- 15 year warranty on stainless steel components – 2 year warranty on components.
Automatic Water Distillation System
H2oLabs are a respected water production company and one of the best distilled water brands. Its best product is the automatic water distillation system because it provides up to 8 gallons and an extra 6 gallons in reserve. It is capable of delivering almost anything you throw at it.
How The Automatic Maintenance Of The H2oLabs Water Works:
- The 1000 distillation system model is very easy to maintain.
- Drain the boiling chamber once a week by opening the drain valve located on the side of the unit. This will only take 2 minutes, but will prevent the boiler from taking too much water so you do not have to clean it too often.
- Hight capacity: Makes 8 gallons per day. It has 6 gallons in reserve.
- Advanced technology: high distillation performance, low energy consumption. Standard
- Stainless steel: 18-8 stainless steel, strong, durable and attractive.
- This device also has a self-sterilization function.
- It fills and turns on and off automatically as needed.
- Easy to install.
- It comes with a pre-filter cartridge and an activated carbon filter after the filter between the distiller and the tank.
- Perfect for commercial use or large families.
- Automatic: Automatic ignition when the tank is empty. It automatically fills the boiler, heats it up and distills it for continuous operation. It turns off automatically when the memory is full.
- Output: 8 Gallons per Day (30 Liters);
- Storage Capacity: 6 Gallons (24 Liters);
- Depth (front to back) X 18.5″ (47 cm) Height;
- Size: 18″ (46 cm) Wide (front) x 12″ (30 cm)
- Weight: 33 lbs. (15 KG) N.W;
- Shipping Weight 35 lbs. (16 KG);
- Packaging: 22″ (56 cm) X 15″ (38 cm) X 21″ (54 cm);
- Power Source: Standard 120V, 60Hz, 850 W;
- Stainless Steel: Grade 304, 18/8 Stainless Steel.
4. Steam Pure
The SteamPure™ Countertop Water Distiller is a portable, compact device. It is small enough to fit on your counter or wherever you place it. It can be stored comfortably under most sinks or counters. You can keep it at home as a back up device. Or in a caravan or RV and enjoy the benefits of drinking fresh distilled water. Made of high quality stainless steel, designed and manufactured in the United States.
SteamPure 110V Countertop Water Distiller
- All made of stainless steel.
- Works as a counter top distiller.
- Has a steam sterilization option.
- If there is a power cut, the distiller will continue to operate after the power is restored.
- It comes with a glass filter and can filter out VOC’s (volatile organic compounds).
- Made in the USA.
- Height: 13 inches. (33 cm)
- Shipping Weight: 21 lbs. (9.5 kg)
- Depth: 11 inches. (28 cm)
- Width: 9.5 inches. (24 cm)
- Machine Weight: 18 lbs. (8.2 kg)
- Distilling Capacity: 3 liters every 4.5 hours
- Watts: 700
- Amps: 5.8
5. Mini Classic
Pure Water Mini-Classic CT is from one of the most popular distilled water brands.
This unit does not require installation and is perfect for small families, apartment buildings and even mobile homes.
The mini-classic CT is an additional development of its cousin, the mini-classic II.
But this comes with a better design and big improvements from the previous models.
Pure Water Mini-Classic CT Counter Top Distiller
Produces consistently high-purity vapor distilled water for drinking and cooking.
No installation required.
Distilled water does not come in contact with plastic so no concerns over BPA poisoning.
Easy To Use.
Proudly made in USA.
Distilled Water Brands, Which Is The Best?
As different and as complicated as these companies sound, water is still water at the end of the day.
Any product that makes sure that you’re drinking the cleanest purest version of water can only be a good thing.
My personal favorite device for personal filtration is the WaterDrop. Yes yes I know it’s not technically distilled water but it’s revervse osmosis plus.
By that I mean it is based on reverse osmosis but with smaller more precise filters. The machine is NSF 58 & 372 certified and has its own smart TDS monitoring panel. TDS stands for total disssolved solids and tap water is usually full of this nasty stuff.
It comes with a smart faucet, tankless design and has a “Worry-Free Guarantee”.